Welcome to 2024 @The Academy
We have many changes this year with better compliance and consistency. This year I will be actively present at the Academy and will be teaching many workshops. I also will be organising many staff catchups and might even reintroduce pizza nights ! I would like to get you all together before the term starts Proposed meeting will be Wednesday 24th @ 6pm. In person/ online!
Here is a check list what you need to do.
- Term Dates
- Update your availabilities and WWC compliance for verification.
- Review the new Code of Conduct for teachers
- Log ons
- Invoicing and payments
- Make up lessons
Audio Message from Brett
|Monday 29 January 2024
|Friday 12 April 2024
|Monday 29 April 2024
|Friday 5 July 2024
|Monday 22 July 2024
|Friday 27 September 2024
|Monday 14 October 2024
|Friday 20 December 2024
Availabilities and WWC Compliance
Please register on this website your details. You will then have access to a teacher portal. We used this during ‘Covid Times’ and is a great community network to communicate directly with parents and students including attaching files etc. Go to the link below, if you are not sure of your password, click the ‘Lost Your Password’ and follow the prompts. If it doesn’t recognise your email, click ‘Register’
Square Appoints App for team
Download the Square Team app for iPhone
- Tap the App Store icon on your iPhone.
- Tap the search icon (magnifying glass) > search for Square Team.
- Tap Get next to the Square Team app icon and follow the prompts to complete the download.
- Follow the prompts to set up your app.
Note: If you need help with your Apple ID, please contact AppleCare.
Download the Square Team app for Android
- Tap the Google Play icon on your device.
- Tap the search field or icon (magnifying glass) > search for Square Team.
- Tap the result Square Team > Install > follow the onscreen instructions to complete the download.
- Once you’ve downloaded the app, tap Open or locate the Square Team icon on your home screen > open the app.
Note: If you need help setting up your Google account, please contact Google Help.
We will be using this platform for recording lessons that parents and students can access more resources. You should have received an invite by now. It will be part of our new make up policy.
Invoicing and Payments
Changes have been made with all our invoicing and payments. We now have a dedicated bookkeeper/ accountant that will be hands on. I cannot guarantee earlier payments.
All Invoices need to be sent to: email@example.com
Schedule is as follows
- All invoices due by the end (Sunday) of weeks 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
- Payments will be made before the Thursday of weeks 3,5,7,9,11.
Make Up Lessons
Due to the out of control situation regarding missed lessons and make ups, I have changed the policy regarding how we manage the make ups.
In term 2, 3 and 4, the business copped an average of $7,000 of credits and refunds due to either teacher absences or students being sick or away. No ones fault but it does have a massive impact on cashflow and being able to pay expenses.
The new policy will be:
- Only 1 make up per term for individual lessons
- No make ups for group or partner lessons unless there is another class/lesson available. Suggestion is to record your lessons where the student can follow up in their own time.
- If a lesson is missed, we now have the Practice Space app (mainly for Music students)to conduct a recorded lesson and students can access the lesson in their own time and still message you directly.
- For the larger groups, we will use the Buddy Boss platform.
- We will be having training on these in the coming weeks.